Okay talk about deliciousness! I’ll been in what I call a “cooking rut.” So I spent an hour or two looking through recipe sites and through my e-mails looking for yummy recipes to try. I found one… BBQ Pulled Pork from my mom. Hers end up as fajitas but I wanted a much less complicated approach.
This calls for a lot of meat and is great for get-togethers. Or feel free to freeze half of it and pull it out for a quick yummy meal!
2.5 lbs pork loin or the like (I used pork loin chops)
2 cups BBQ sauce
3/4 cup Salsa
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons (dried) minced onions
1. In a bowl mix BBQ sauce, salsa, chili powder and onion together well.
2. Cover bottom of crock pot with sauce, then put pork in crock pot, smother in sauce. If you are doing chops then put some sauce in between your layers of chops.
3. Turn your crock pot on low and cook all day (while you’re at work) or if you need it done in a few hours cook on high.
4. Once meat is done cooking, shred pork with 2 forks. I moved my chops to another bowl to do this. Stir back in with sauce in crock pot.
5. Let simmer for about 30 minutes then eat!