I have been looking for a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe for a while, along with the cookie recipe, etc. I found this on Allrecipes.com and we think it’s delicious! The name on the site is Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, however I would suggest a few changes, they will be after the ingredient list. Overall a delicious and yummy, moist bread that will be a hit. I actually did mini loaves of bread to give out to friends for the holidays. The original recipe says it makes 3 loaves, and it ended up making 8 minis.
* 3 cups white sugar
* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2/3 cup water
* 4 eggs
* 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
I didn’t have mini chocolate chips so I used regular, and did milk chocolate instead of semi sweet. I also put in some extra chips and did not include the walnuts – yuck.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 1 pound size coffee cans, or three 9×5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill cans 1/2 to 3/4 full.
3. Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from cans or pans.
I used mini loaf pans that were dark. I kept the temperature at 350 and it took about a half hour for them to cook.