So I am making a few resolutions mainly because I really feel that I need some major changes in my life. And not major as in expensive, but as in simplifying since that is what my main goal has been since about August. SO without further adieu…
1. Lose 20 lbs by my birthday. So that is in about 7 months and I feel completely doable. I think when you don’t like how you look, you feel (and are) overweight it keeps you from doing other things that make you happy. So these pants I just bought will be my next pregnancy pants YAH!
2. Become more financially secure. I want to find a way to make the money we have go further and hopefully find a more efficient way to bring in some more income.
3. Read 20 books this year including 2 books of scripture: The Doctrine & Covenants and Pearl of Great Price and start reading the New Testament. It has been a few years since I have read these through and it’s time to do it again.
4. Show gratitude. I think that I get caught up in the stresses of life and I haven’t been showing sufficient gratitude for the blessings in my life to my Heavenly Father (God) or to those friends and family members I have. We have truly been blessed!
5. Go to bed by 10pm and up by 7am. And really I mean up and ready before the boys are up. I’ve been staying up way too late and then I have a cute little boy climb in bed with me in the morning. And as adorable as this little boy is, I should set an example to him about waking up early and being ready for the day.
So there you go! Feel free to ask me about these goals any time! I’ve already started reading The Doctrine and Covenants, and Great Expectations, and cutting my food intake. I have not been stellar at going to bed at 10pm but I have been up shortly after 7 each morning. I hope you all make goals because improving yourself is such a boost!
So I am updating my resolutions because my friend Lara recently published hers, and she says she always puts something on her list that she’s already doing like, “Continue to not smoke” and I love that she does that because it helps you recognize that you’re not all bad habits and stuff that needs changed. I’m so glad that she shared that, she IS amazing after all, THEREFORE I have decided to add a few more resolutions below.
6. Continue to blog.
7. Continue to tickle my children every day.
8. Continue to have Family Night.
9. Continue to date my husband.
10. Continue to pray every day.