I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com (my favorite recipe site EVER!) and this dish didn’t disappoint! It was so good I didn’t stop to take a picture. Here is the link to the original recipe, and really surprising is that I didn’t change anything! So the recipe below is the same as the site, but you know I have to link it up so you can comment or peruse reviews.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1/8 cup margarine (I used 2 T butter)
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Put chicken, margarine/butter and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.
(You can also cook this on the stove, med-low heat.)
I served this stroganoff over red potatoes, but you can do rice, noodles, etc. Have fun eating!